Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First Day, First Post

     Greetings, All -- My name is Billy Hawkfinder.  That isn't my real name, but I feel like Billy since I am a Florida Cracker by birth and I lived not far from the Glades until I went away to college, then to World War II.  So, please don't think that I am trying to fool anybody by using an "alias."  Furthermore, my picture is not on the wall of the U.S. Post Office and I have not done time.  As I write from my home in Maryland, I intend this site to be safe for mature adult ladies and gentlemen.

     What makes a person think that opening a Blog is a good idea, I wonder.  In a small way, I suppose, one has to believe in the value of conversation -- a two-way exchange of ideas and perceptions.  We seem to get less and less of that in our Shouting Society where there is no capacity for hearing the other person out.  I am a tad deaf these days and there are times when I am glad of it.  How about you?

     The snapshots at the bottom of page are meant to let you know that our family has great appreciation for the beauty and sanctity of Nature.  Our children are long grown and our first great grandchild is on the way.  His/her mom and dad are both Soldiers, our grandson is just returned from a deployment in Iraq without any damage, we are all happy to say.  Like all families, we have our differences, but for the most part, our philosophies of life are in synch and wholesome.  Being with many of them over this Christmas season has been joyful to my spouse of 64 years, also in uniform during the war, and me.

     Well, there you have a quick look into my quiet life.  I have not told you that I enjoy putting my thoughts and imaginings on paper.  As this project advances, as we go on, I will inflict some of my amateurish efforts on you with no apologies.  I am looking forward to gaining the benefit of your thoughts and comments.  If we get to exchanging ideas about our beloved America, the financial prognosis of the world and other topics that you are free to select, perhaps something exciting will come of it.  I certainly hope so.

With warm wishes, Billy

1 comment:

  1. To my dear friend, Billy. I applaud your efforts to embrace the twenty first century and share your thoughts through this electronic, social media platform. Further, I look forward to the sage advice I'm sure you are going to impart on us through your well thought out posts. Please give my best to Mrs. Hawkfinder and have a pleasent holiday season.

    Bring on the discussion!

    BPS

    ReplyDelete